We will be closed Monday, December 23rd through Thursday, December 26th.
The Nationality Rooms Gift Center carries items from the countries our rooms represent and also from other countries. Our inventory of items is constantly changing based on availability. We celebrate international holidays with seasonal merchandise. Our mission is to educate the public to the traditions and history of the cultures of these countries.
The Gift and Information Center is located in the Cathedral of Learning, first floor, directly inside the Fifth Avenue entrance.
Monday - Saturday 9:00AM-4:00PM
Sunday and holidays 11AM - 4PM.
Click on the Gallery link for pictures of representative items.
Our large selection of gift items include:
- Matrushkas (stacking/nesting dolls) from Russia
- Love spoons from Wales
- Amber jewelry from the Baltic region
- Larimar jewelry from the Dominican Republic
- La Vie Parisienne jewelry from Paris, France
- Hand woven scarves and shawls from India and Indonesia
- Hand carved wooden boxes from Poland
- Smokers from Germany
- Easter eggs from Lithuania, Ukraine, Hungary and other countries in traditional designs
- Netsukes, ojimi beads, inro boxes and snuff bottles from Asia
- Terra Cotta warriors from China
- Evil Eyes from Turkey
We accept cash, check and Visa / Mastercard.
Nationality Rooms Open House 2014 will occur on December 7th, from 12:00-4:00. Musical and dance performances occur every fifteen minutes. Food and beverage purchases benefit the scholarships. Admission is free.